I Just Have To Show & Tell

I was bored. I tried to ride today but the California June-Gloom is making it a PITA to ride anywhere but local.  Slick roads, drizzle....ugh!  But the overcast skies makes for great lighting with little to no shadows!  So I decided to test my image linking skills with the new and improved VFRD website.

I snuck my bike in the local bike path for a few photo ops.  There were hardly anybody out riding due to the weather. 

27533526792_52c65d59e7_c.jpg

Ok there was one family riding their bikes.  There was plenty of room.

27633053845_3947471916_c.jpg

Someday when the 8th Gen is eight years old, people will be saying, Damn!  Those 6th Gens sure were good looking with this underseat exhaust!  LOL!

27633073485_e14daf5dd5_c.jpg

• Member Contributer

I don't think it will take 8 years, I was at americade this week and Honda had one for demo ride, I didn't get to ride it but I sat on it, still like the 6 gen better. of course I have a bit of money in it.

• Member Contributer

I prefer the slimness of the 8th gen, but don't understand why they hid the gorgeous wheel with the exhaust.

My guess is due to two things:

To centralize the mass.  And having the exhaust down there is now back to fashionable again.  We're lucky they didn't stuff the muffler under the engine (Buell did it first, then BMW, then now Ducati) and took away the possibility of a center stand.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived