1994 Carby balancing

Hello All!!! My 94 has done 173,000kms ( I bought it in 2000 in pristine 22,00km condition ) and mechanically is still in good nick. Visually, well.. not. I've bought a Morgan Carbtune Pro. I paid to have the carby's balanced about 8 years ago and decided to learn now... I found my 3 adapter ports and can't find my balance adjustment screws. My Haynes doesn't tell me where they are even in the carby section. Unless it's the " Air cut-off valve cover screw". Any ideas? I presume the Honda Factory Manual has specific info on this and I wonder if anyone could put up the factory page describing where to find those pesky screws? I've tried to download the Factory Manual from other within this forum but keep getting " File Not Found". Thanks for your time guys and girls!!!! yeah!

They are not on the side of the carbs. They are 'inside' the carb bank. You need a tool like this to reach them...

Carb Screwdriver.jpg

063011DSC00153.JPG

• Member Contributer

first try and see if you can reach the screws with the engine cold (using the long, 90 degree screwdriver). This way you get the knack, so when you do this with a warm/hot engine, you are less likely to burn your fingers/hand...

see the long screwdriver as a long term expense; you won't need it a lot but you can lend your Carbtune+screwdriver to your mates in exchange for a few beers...

• Member Contributer

There are only three adjustor screws as per the picture above.  Or you mean the holes to put the rubber tubes on?

Note that when new, you need to place a damper in each rubber tube (as per the manual that comes with the Carbtune)

I had a blast syncing the carbs on my 96 recently, was a bit tricky to read my DIY manometer but the ride angle screw driver made adjustments a breeze. Make sure you point a box fan or something at the radiator while doing it though, almost overheated my 86 while doing it cause the fan wasn't aimed right...

http://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0119

OOOPS!! I found my 4th port...pretty simple once I move a flap... all 4 are very accessible.  Thanks a lot all of you for the enthusiasm!!!  Off to get 2metres of fuel hose. I'm going to use my spare  ( dented.... ) tank.   yeah!

You can do it with your tank in place no problemo. Make sure you leave the airbox and filter in place too.

I did the same on my wifes CBR last weekend too....

It amazed me how bad it was before - but its absolutely lovely now...

Archived