Shopping for a new bike soon, Tuono V4 or '14 VFR

Hi,

Been riding since 2000 and have had several bikes. Currently have a 2013 CB500X.  It's a good bike and all, had it for a couple of years and now it's time for something new.  For a while I have been interested in the Tuono V4.  Mostly due to the v4 sound.  Stopped at the local Honda dealer and saw the left over 14 VFR DLX.  Obviously, they are selling for cheap.  My budget will be around $9K, so a used Tuono or a new left over VFR.

I mostly commute everyday it's not raining on the way to work.  10 miles each way in town with stop lights.  With a wife, kid and other hobbies, I don't joyride often.  I wish to do 2 track days per year (another reason to get rid of the CB).  My must(s) haves:  V4 engine.  ABS, Traction control, adjustable suspension. 

I have been very satisfied with GSXr750, Ducati 749, and Aprilia Dorsodoro power. 

The VFR fills my wants and I'm sure it's a nice bike.  I know the Tuono gets great reviews. Mostly concerned about too much power and some reliability issues.  I've owned several Aprilias, so I know about that.  Anyone own both? 

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw your post.  I've owned both bikes.  If your going for raw emotional riding satisfaction then the Tuono is your bike.  Its got loads of power and the sound is intoxicating.  However, its not as versatile as a VFR.  Comparing the two is kind of like comparing a Ferrari to a BMW M3.  Most people will never ever approach the limits of a Ferrari/Aprilia Tuono and the M3 is fun and much easier to live with day to day.  That being said, since I still have my VFR I wouldnt hesitate to scoop up another Tuono.  If your concerned about too much power, the Tuono can give you issues but it's electronics are possibly the best in managing that power.  Its the only bike I've ever ridden with wheelie control, along with multi level traction traction control and antilock brakes.  You will be filling it up twice as often as a VFR though.  That thing drank gas.

I have a '98 VFR owned since '99.

Also an '03 Tuono and an '07 Tuono. So, both V twins.

If I had a line on a nice V4 Tuono, and cash, I'd grab that thing with both hands right quick.

Sure it will drink high test gas. pretty sure I would not care one bit. Too much eeh hah!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived