Mirror Base

ShadowJP88

I everyone,

I've take a look at my mirror cause I just can't move them and I don't understand what's wrong with them. Do I miss a part? Do the base itself have been modified?

I've check at bikebandit to see the diagram part but the mirrors come with is base as one part.. so I can't find if there is a missing pieces

I only have 4 washer and the bolt... also, the upper part of the base is comlpetely open, so it can't squeeze the mirror in place, it's only the bolt which make it stay in place. So, when I'm able to move it, the mirror just got loose.

post-29896-0-00603600-1460651643.jpg

post-29896-0-94139800-1460651665.jpg

• Member Contributer

I just took apart a 5 Gen and 6 gen set to do a swap to show what a 6 Gen mirror looked like on a 5 Gen mount, but I digress. There should be two washers on either side of the mirror stalk when installing them. There are no other parts that you need. The head of the Allen bolt goes into the top hole of the mount.

Yep that's how they are, the bolt squeezes the washers, the two washers create a friction point, no missing pieces that I see. they are not like the older version of how mirrors once where. Now I've seen them like yours 3 on top one on bottom. I've seen em 3 on bottom too. not sure why that is, some one has fiddled? The parts fish has them at two a side. I'll also use good ole WD40 to keep em so they won't rust or stuck together. also kinda use a hand tight method of figuring out how tight is to lose or not. I guess though once set they don't need to move, yet, Hmm?

Archived