Tank Protection For 2014 Vfr

Guest BigD

I can't find any type of tank protectors for the 2014 other than stick on pads would prefer old school style tank bra or magnetic type of protector but not having much luck can anyone help I live in southern Ontario Canada

• Member Contributer

If you sit on the bike in riding position and look at there your knees touch, Honda has built in a lot of tank protection on the 8th gen. Mine isn't scratched up yet.

That said, I did order a sixth gen. Tank slapper kit and when I "get around to it" I'm going to cut some of it to protect the little bit that the 8th gen. isn't so protected on.

Tank Slapper works very well. I used them on my 5th and 6th gens. and nobody could tell they were there.

• Member Contributer

Ventura shield. Bagster tank cover. I have both fitted.

You obviously haven't been looking hard enough.

Ventura shield covers back and sides of tank where knees touch

Will order the venture shield me thinks. When i got my bike it came with the HRC tank pad and i cut up some transparent protection film either side of it as my jacket seemed to be leaving a mark. Lucky i did as when i came home from a long run the rubber coating from my jacket button that must touch the tank had worn through and the metal button was now rubbing against the film. Left some mess, tank would be needing a respray :sad:. Now looking for a new jacket.

I checked out the bagster and the venture shield thanks for the suggestions don't think either one is for me Think I will check out the magnetic sheets see if I can work something out

Archived