Dash Dimming With Turn Signals

Epyon007

I was on my way home with my new baby the other night. I noticed the dash dims with the pulse of the turn signals. Any suggestions on what's going on there? Do I need to beef up the ground or something?

I was on my way home with my new baby the other night. I noticed the dash dims with the pulse of the turn signals. Any suggestions on what's going on there? Do I need to beef up the ground or something?

I have same thing on all my bikes (from Aprilia to Zundapp, no I don't have a Zundapp anymore) so I just ignore it

I never noticed it till this bike. I know that the charging system on our bikes is crappy so I was wondering if I should be doing anything about this before I add some sockets for accessories.

• Member Contributer

I'd certainly check it out. Could be a weak battery, but could also be impending issues with the R/R, stator or various wires, connectors and grounds.

Take a dive through some of the pinned topics in the electrical section of the maintenance forum and you'll find imparted wisdom like "The Drill" to help you diagnose and rectify.

Yup, mine does it too. Worse when I have grips or electric liner on. I just watch my volt meter to make sure it is staying above 12V at the light and goes up while riding.

I remember when I had my 5th gen and that started. I parked it and ordered everything to redo the R/R wiring. Found burned connectors of course. Me personally, I'd park it before it leaves you stranded.

• Member Contributer

don't you notice your interior lights dim in your car when you roll all the windows up and down at once? these charging systems don't really start to charge until about 4k rpms and i'm guessing you noticed the pulsation at idle.. not saying don't check everything out and clean every electrical connection that exists on the bike.

Archived