Lost Key, Need Help Hotwiring

As the title says. The difference between showing up to the locksmiths and them coming out is about $85. I've been trying to figure out where this ignition wire goes to but can't find the connection it leads to (from the ignition switch). Any ideas or suggestions on the subject? Is there another wire to go from to use the paper clip/wire method?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

It is not difficult to hotwire many bikes, as you have discovered for the VFR. Many can be figured out by a motivated person with reasonable electrical experience, but I urge you to remove your instructions to try and limit the idiots from free access to this information. I will discuss your fix via PM if you wish.

Just because I didn't have anything beyond a screwdriver and 3 allen wrenches at my work. I just massaged my hand around somethings and I was able to do it.

Thanks guys for the heads up. But in defense, this was for the good guys and I'd think it would take too long for thieves to try it themselves before they would get caught or at least noticed.

Archived