15Mpg? Omg...fml

In fact my 1200 DCT is on a par with the VFR 800 FiX I owned previously for fuel economy despite differences between the engine(s) and weight(s). The pic below shows the highs and lows with 43 MPG being the average for the 1200 and 45 for the 800. The best ever was 62 MPG surprisingly and the lowest was 27 MPG

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-28%20at%2014.24.

That's a very similar experience to my own. I haven't recorded things but my 800Fi1 is on a par with my 2013 1200. My 1200 isn't DCT is the difference here really.

Also agree with Skids, we have the same suspension upgrades and it makes the big viffer very flickable for a big bike. It's not on a par with a Fireblade etc. of course, but neither was it intended as an inner city commuter.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

No to the way I ride it. Also, no matter the suspension, it's never going to flick side to side as well as something lighter and with a not-so-wide rear tyre, it is what it is. I pined after one of these bikes for ages and it just isn't what I expected it to be.

It's just not an exciting, involved bike. That's my opinion, has nothing to do with the route, roads or traffic. It's just too bloated in my opinion.

That's fine and of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Now that the suspension is sorted on mine, it is so easy to ride, it does flick, though I'm sure not like a sportsbike, and the engine is stonking!

Each to their own and what a boring world it would be if we all liked the same thing. :beer:

Same. Mine goes like stink and turns on a dime. The weight literally disappears after 10 MPH. Brakes are spectacular as well. It's a phenomenal motorcycle and like any I've had before and present, needs a few tweaks to sort it out.

Archived