Visited The Honda Dealer Today

Jixsta

• Member Contributer

Cogswell is right. I'm 66 with arthritis. It takes me about a month of "spring training" to build back my core strength. And proper body positioning is important. Balls of feet on the pegs, knees gripping the tank, s-curve in the spine, forearms parallel with the ground, elbows loose, hands just resting on the bars - no weight on hands or wrists, head level. I have stock bars and pegs; I need to stretch out my legs rearward to keep blood flowing to the lower legs while riding. I rest my chest on the gas tank and put my heals back on the passenger pegs. I also stop about every hour or so to stretch out and walk around. It still takes a lot out of me to ride 500/day.

YMMV

Do you write all this down and tape it to the tank to remember it? You are right though. IMHO, a lot of people get risers before they learn how to ride with good posture and body strength. Just another opinion.

• Member Contributer

Cogswell is right. I'm 66 with arthritis. It takes me about a month of "spring training" to build back my core strength. And proper body positioning is important. Balls of feet on the pegs, knees gripping the tank, s-curve in the spine, forearms parallel with the ground, elbows loose, hands just resting on the bars - no weight on hands or wrists, head level. I have stock bars and pegs; I need to stretch out my legs rearward to keep blood flowing to the lower legs while riding. I rest my chest on the gas tank and put my heals back on the passenger pegs. I also stop about every hour or so to stretch out and walk around. It still takes a lot out of me to ride 500/day.

YMMV

Do you write all this down and tape it to the tank to remember it? You are right though. IMHO, a lot of people get risers before they learn how to ride with good posture and body strength. Just another opinion.

I've got a checklist embossed into the inside of my eye glasses. :pinocchio: (my memory is a shadow of it's former diminutive self)

It largely started out as an attempt to deal with my bad lower spine. The Advanced Rider Course added to that approach. And with a stronger core my back issues have been reduced. :cheerleader:

Archived