Triple Clamp Fitment

shaynus

• Member Contributer

Hi All

Can anyone tell me if a 5th gen triple clamp assembly fit straight up to a 4th gen frame? (And vici versa )

I have a 4th gen frame in the shed from a previous project and was hoping to use it as a dummy jig if I ever get around to doing a front end swap. That way I could hopefully sort a lot of fitment / machining / fabrication issues on the 'jig' and minimise the time my 'real' 5th gen bike is off the road.

Cheers,

Shayne

• Member Contributer

The '94-'97 and '98-'01 use the same steering head bearings. Assuming the steering stem is the same length, good bet, then the triples will work either way. Fork spacing is another question though and I don't think they're the same, given the different front wheels and LBS of the 5G. But for your purpose, just a "jig", it should work ok. Frame stops may be different, fairing clearance, etc.

Well a buddy of mine has used 6th gen triples in his 4th gen and I believe the only diff tween 5th n 6th gen triples is the slider diameter so... Not sure what wheel he used but has F4i forks in there so prolly F4i wheel n brakes. Triples worked fine.

Archived