6Th Gen Vfrness Questions

Conedodger

• Member Contributer

Is the relay on the 6th Gen VFRness strictly to provide a good power source for the monitor wire for the R/R? I'm installing an FH020AA R/R that does not require the monitor wire. Can I remove the relay and associated wires from the VFRness?

• Member Contributer

Auxiliary power . I was thinking VFRness took the black and white wire and wire connected it to one of the 12Vdc red wires. I think it is in the instruction's .

This will help.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/34762-6th-gen-monitor-wire-fix/?hl=%2Bmonitor+%2Bwire

• Member Contributer

There are two relays on my VFRness. This one (located near the R/R) looks like it is supplying power (via the purple wire) to the monitor wire and also acting as a trigger (other purple wire) for the auxiliary power relay (Located near the accessory fuse block). I'm thinking I can remove it and find a new source to trigger the auxiliary relay.

It is a little difficult to see in this borrowed pic, but behind the thumb, there are two purple wires coming from the relay.

post-20057-065136400%201282869717.jpg

• Member Contributer

The thumb in that photo - strangely familiar. Where have I seen it before . . . Hmmm. Wait, oh yeah - it's mine! I took that when I put the VFRNess on my VTEC.

So I just went out and looked under the seat - and I believe it's what I suspect. I got my VFRnesswith the fuse block. The purple wire runs to a relay next to the starter relay. In addition to the purple wire, there are wires to the + and - on the battery, and the 4th wire leads to the fuse block. So I believe that the purple wire supplies power to trigger the relay that controls the fuse block. Looking more closely at the photo, my thumb is not covering the purple wire - it arcs up and then down running along the frame to cross over to the battery side. If you want I can remove the right side fairing and double check, but I think that's what's going on.

Archived