1985 Vf750

voiceoffire

Hey all, noticed this one in the local ads, but I have to admit that I have little knowledge of the typical issues of the this era bike.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/calgary/1985-honda-vf750-interceptor-nice-collector-quality/1098375820?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

For $2500 CAD or $2000 USD, the description seems good. Is there anything specific that I should be looking for?

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I purchased a new, leftover 1985 VF700 tariff bike (thanks, HD) in 1986, and owned it for 16 years until I traded it for a 2002 6th gen. It was the same as the VF750 except for the shorter stroke and therefore a little less hp.

Other than chains, sprockets, tires etc., I had to replace a couple of starter relays, and the original fork seals went after only three years. Other than that completely reliable, but beware, it started a lifetime addiction to V4's.

It came with a hokey anti-dive system, and air-adjustable forks, so do take a close look at the front end, but $2K for a classic sounds reasonable if it is in good shape.

Archived