Best $0.00 I've Ever Spent!

Lint

So a short-ish while ago, I raised my forks in the triples about 12mm and shimmed my shock 4mm, equating to 12mm rise in the rear. Even though it' been a few months or so since I've done this, I still can't get over how amazing the change is. It truly feels like a different bike. It clicks so much easier, I can lean it over effortlessly and it makes canyons a dream. Stable in braking, stable at the ton. Why oh why did I wait the years to do this? Please do it to it bike. It really transforms it! I got the shim at a car alignment shop for free because it was used.

• Member Contributer

Have the suspension redone by Jamie and you'll think you bought a whole new bike! But yeah, free upgrades are always nice.

Have the suspension redone by Jamie and you'll think you bought a whole new bike! But yeah, free upgrades are always nice.

That's on my list, actually is the first mod I have planned, before adding a PC or the like. I'm just amazed at what a huge difference it's made. It really feels about 100 lbs lighter. It always felt like it was pushing the front tire a bit. Now it drops in and just goes. Before when I gave it gas mid corner it almost felt like it wanted to stand up. Not any more. I can add gas and still have the bike stay put or even tighten my line if need be. It corners so much better.

I know a proper suspension will help further, but the fact that is free and made such a big positive impact on the bike is outstanding. Each time I getting to ride in twisties I still get impressed, even when compared to the Panigale 899 and 1299, on the same road. Both obviously handle great, but my bike cost me $3800 and the mod was free.

Another $0.00 mod for faster steering: air up your tires.

It sounds simple silly, and it is, but you wouldn't believe the number of bikes I've seen running around over the years with visibly half deflated tires.

I test drove a Ninja 250 with about 13 psi in the tires, and it steered like a wheelbarrow full of wet cement!!!

Too true Veefer. That's something I pay attention to, as under inflated tires wear faster and take away fuel mileage. Not to mention instability in turns and baking. Or braking, not too sure about baking...

Archived