Anyone Have Pics Of Their Helibars Installed

Tews19

As stated in the titled I received my helibars for my 99 VFR. I am in the process of installing and they seem to sit lower on the fork itself than the stock bars. They are higher overall for height but sit lower. Enclosed are pics. Thanks in advance.fpr any help.

Here are 2 pics.

post-33256-0-14674300-1435111701.jpg

post-33256-0-80321800-1435111716.jpg

• Member Contributer

That is the new style of Helibar which has one attaching bolt instead of the previous two and does sit lower on the fork tube.

Since you are no longer using a clip on with a locating tab (used to provide a repeatable location for assembly of the bike) you can raise the Helibar slightly to give even more rise if you desire.

If you want much more than that you should look at Superbike bars and drilling the top triple to accept them.

Thanks CC. I wasn't sure if these have the nipple to lock into the top of the triple. These are at a good height for me.

One last dumb question in regard to the bars. Helibars are labeled L and R for left side and right side. It seems that the L should go to the Right side and the R bar to the left side.??

The turning radius seems to be less to the left with the left bar due to the electrical wires. Am I doing this wrong?

Here is the pic. If you notice where the notch is for the bar itself to tighten it is different than the stock bar to the right.

Here is the pic.

post-33256-0-95774700-1435113472.jpg

• Member Contributer

Here's your pic right side up

post-33256-0-95774700-1435113472_zpsf7ue

Stick with Heli's instructions on orientation - left = left, right=right. The slots on the Heli's won't necessarily line up with the orientation of the OEM bars - don't worry about that. If your wires are routed the same as with the OEM bars, you should get full rotation lock to lock. Be sure to pay close attention to the pinch bolt torque spec - without a locating tab the clamping load is all that keeps it from rotating around the fork tube.

Thanks Cogswell! She is all buttoned up. I do not get full rotation though due to the MC hitting the windshield. I will putz with it in the AM. Thanks once again.

• Member Contributer

You're on the right track. Take your time and get them adjusted so that everything clears. Be careful that they clear the tank at each lock as they can hit if too far back. I think you'll like 'em.

You can also get a bit more rise if you clamp the bars so that they are flush with the top of the fork tubes

That is exactly how I mounted mine, I also removed the snap ring if you will at the top of the forks so they are at the very tip top

I really like the change. More upright position -> less weight on the bars -> actually more fun to throw the bike into corners with minimal input (somewhat more naked bike-ish position)

• Member Contributer

a little off topic but does anyone know the torque value for the old style 2 bolt helibars?

• Member Contributer

Good question. When I received mine, I got the new, single bolt style, but the instructions included were for the 2 bolt style. I called them to confirm the spec - it is different for the two. I don't recall what it is for the 2 bolt. It's so important that IMO it would be worth the call the Heli to confirm directly.

Archived