Handlebar Switch?

Hi All!

I just bought a 2005 vfr800 and am fixing up a couple things. The seat is currently on its way to Florida for Spencer to work his magic and while I'm waiting for its return I thought I'd look at doing something with the handlebars. Before I spend the money on helibars has anyone simply switched the left and rights? Wondering if its helped or hindered anyone.

Thanks for the help,

Jon

• Member Contributer

Hi All!

I just bought a 2005 vfr800 and am fixing up a couple things. The seat is currently on its way to Florida for Spencer to work his magic and while I'm waiting for its return I thought I'd look at doing something with the handlebars. Before I spend the money on helibars has anyone simply switched the left and rights? Wondering if its helped or hindered anyone.

Thanks for the help,

Jon

Oh did you now? I don't see any pictures of said VFR! How do we know you're just not trying to win us over by saying you own one?

I say... :worthlesswithoutpics:

BTW, Welcome Aboard (Unofficially of course, as you do need to submit proof for it to be "official"!) :wink:

That is a very good point. Here are a couple with the handlebars switched. post-32882-14327708156644.jpgpost-32882-14327708408914.jpg

So the reason I ask this is because my hands have been going numb on me and this would be a cheap fix to it. My only concern that I see would be the locating tabs will no longer line them up. Will there be any other possible issues by switching them?

Also I got it with only 6260 miles and it's all stock. This winter I plan on adding aftermarket exhaust. Is there anything else I should consider this winter for it? Thanks for the help again.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Heli-bars have a rise and offset so with Heli's there is no benefit with swapping them as this would make you lean too far forward. However with stock clip-ons, which these look like, swapping may not work as there is a "tab" on the clip on that lines up between the gap on the top triple clamp.

If you want to see the difference a heli-bar makes compared to stock, check out this website,

http://cycle-ergo.com/

Enter in a motorcycle (yours) and put in the rise and offset and it will show you the difference in your body posture. 1.25 inch rise with a 1.50 rear offset.

Archived