6Th Gen Gsxr Signal Mirror Mounts Info Needed Please

WGREGT

If you have a set of the original GSXR signal mirror mounts, made by Darth Bling here on this list many years ago, I need your help.

There's another really long (30+ pages so far) post here on this forum about getting them made since a few folks would like to have a set for our 6th gens. I have the original CAD drawing from Darth Bling himself, and I'm now, after many many ups and downs, coming closer to getting these re-made, with his kind permission, of course.

The problem is that there seems to be some clarity issues reading the original files. As such, since we have some decent drawings so go by, I'm in the process of rebuilding the CAD files using some fotos that came with the CAD files. But, they have no measurements on them.

So, I need to confirm the dimensions, etc with someone who actually OWNS a set of these. So if you have a set, I'm talking to you:

I'd love love love to borrow just one of them so I can measure, etc it and then return it to you. If you feel you need some $ for insurance in order to lend it out for a week at most, I can do that.

If you'd rather not send it to me, then I'd love to get you to get some dimensions of the part. A quick phone call would probably be easiest for that.

There are numerous things we need to confirm before making these. So again I'll ask: If you have a set, please get in touch. We're close, I just need a bit of help. Thanks.

PS Here's the small mount I'm talking about.

post-8118-0-50868100-1431915497.jpg

post-8118-0-01962800-1431915499.jpg

post-8118-0-26225100-1431915502.jpg

post-8118-0-34048700-1431915505.jpg

• Member Contributer

I had done up the 3D print from the CAD files so they should be usable as a template. Let me see if I still have them, they might have been tossed out as it seemed like the ball was moving forward without them. If not, I might be able to get a "reprint" of them, much to the dismay of my business partner as he made a few prints using different materials.

I'm looking for accurate measurements of the piece. Are these reprints you are talking about actual produced pieces? And your partner made a few of them and got perturbed b/c....we didn't have enough interest in them to be made? Or was it a cost thing? I don't recall the outcome of all of that on your attempt...

I just checked back and re-read your post around page 26-27, so now I'm up to speed on what happened on your end.

Can't help with the measurements, but you seem perfectly placed to be able to supply me with some mirror block off plates if you get the measurements :goofy:

I'd take a set if you got some made, AFAIK no-one makes the for the VFR

Archived