Need Some Saddlebag Help

thrasher

I recently purchased a used set of factory hard bags and mounting kit for my 2006. However, it seems that it didn't come with all the parts. I'm missing the spacers that go underneath the grab rails and the extra brackets that go behind the license plate.

I've been scouring the forum, ebay, internet , etc. for the parts but can't seem to find any. Does anyone know of a source where I can get this stuff? Thanks.

There are no spacers that go under the grab rails, just a rubber piece that's more for looks than function.

That's one of the parts I'm looking for - those rubber pieces.

• Member Contributer

Sit-ups :goofy:

Sorry.... couldn't resist, 1st thing that popped into my head when I read the thread title...

• Member Contributer

There are no spacers that go under the grab rails, just a rubber piece that's more for looks than function.

My bad, the spacers I was thinking about are used when mounting the top case carrier with the saddlebags.

• Member Contributer

That's one of the parts I'm looking for - those rubber pieces.

I recall a post a while back where someone posted a schematic of the 6th gen handbag mounting hardware. Each piece had a price listed (including those spacers) which surprised me as I thought it was sold only as a set. David Silver Spares is a good bet - try emailing them and see what they say. AFAIK it's no longer available in the U.S.

Archived