Fender Extenda, Does It Need It?

Jussi

The two radiators are now front-mounted.

Is there any protection in front of the radiators, especially the lower one?

I wonder does this bike need fender extenda?

How about the cockpit, does it stay clean on wet roads without fender extenda?

Yes, there is a perforated plastic piece in front of the radiators to protect them. Haven't noticed any "extra" dirt in the cockpit after a ride. In my experience, riding on wet roads seems to get the entire bike dirty no matter what.

As said, the lower radiator has a plastic grill in front of it, that protects pretty well. But the top radiator gets sprayed with debris from that is tossed up by the front wheel. The rear end of the stock fender is quite short, so spray will go high up.

It took me a week with the new Viff to get a nice dent in the upper radiator from a small rock or whatever hit it. Also found something had hit the lower end of the steer stem, making a dent in the paint there, making it rust. :mad: (Quick fix with sanding and a glob of paint, but nevertheless...)

So yes, I think it needs one. At least up here in the north...

I've put one on, at least to protect from spraying with those small rocks/stones.

--

Pic showing lower plastic grill, the upper radiator, part of the valve cover for the front cylinders and the lower end of the steer stem:

142331822676499300_resized.jpg?width=600

Hi timm.

Is that Pyramid's fenter extenda?

I there enough distance between the front wheel and the lower radiotor grill?

In my 1200 I have now second fender extenda.

The first one hit the fairing somehow and was broken when I lifted the bike (after having dropped it).

Hi Jussi.

Yes, it's Pyramid's extenda, art no 051035.

There is plenty of room to the lower grill, so it installs nicely without hazzle. The brake hose going over the stock fender hides the black push-pins that holds it in place.

I got mine here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350408608296?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have a Pyramid extender too, definitely required with such a short front guard. As Timm says, you can just see that they've changed the stainless self-tapper screws they used to use (like on my VTEC) for plastic rivets, I was a bit dubious about them but they work brilliantly.

post-13632-0-65778500-1423351500.jpg

just bought the carbon fibre pyramid one and that just uses strong adhesive tape to fix. Not done it yet as could not get the mudguard off to get a good fix.

Archived