6Th Gen Headlamp Removal Question...

The mailman

• Member Contributer

OK, I had a '97 that I could take apart and reassemble blindfolded. Now I have a burned out low beam (left side) on my '07 and although I can squeeze my fat monkey hands down to the wiring harness connector, I can't pull it off of the bulb. Is there a secret clip or something I'm not seeing? I can tell the connector needs to come off and then the rubber dust cover but the simple connector has me baffled and I didn't want to just keep pulling and break something. Thanks in advance.

The pdf maintenance file is extremely vague - It just says remove the wiring connector - duh.

press on the sides of the connector to release locking tabs (Can't recall if it's the side walls or the top and bottom but you have to press in two opposite sides of the connector to reléase)

• Member Contributer

BOOM - 10 minutes and I have an answer. Thanks Auspanglish. I didn't want to bust a $150 connector to replace a $20 bulb.

oh... and you know there's a metal catch mechanism holding the actual bulb in... that can be fun too with the lack of space... try and mentally remember how you released it when you get it, so you can do it in reverse when you get the new bulb in... it's a metal prong you push in and "twist" to one side or up or down... in one direction... that releases the bulb itself... then when the new bulb is in, you have to find that prong with your index finger again and push it in and in the opposite direction to that whcih released it, and it kind of catches under a latch.

• Member Contributer

Yep, the spring clip is similar to my 4th gen system. All came out easily once I knew the "secret password". Now off to find a new bulb before it gets dark and I'm out there fiddling with it and a flashlight to get it back in. Thanks guys.

• Member Contributer

You guys are awesome. 53 minutes from how the hell does this come off...to an answer...to I'm back from Autozone with a bulb identical to the burned out part and the thing is installed, all buttoned up, and SHAZAM! I have light again. Free beer at the mailman's house! If you can't make it here, ask your local mailman to cough up money for a pint at your local pub.

THANK YOU GUYS!

Oh yeah $11.47 for the identical bulb at Autozone. I'm betting Mother Honda wants $50 and they aren't open on Sun/Mon when I need it.

Archived