New Vfr Owner

Richard205

Hello all,

Just found the welcome forum. I've recently bought a 5th gen VFR. I'm really enjoying it, love the power and the handling.

I was enjoying the reliability until it refused to start at the petrol station this morning. Battery died out of the blue. Got a jump start and rode it home. Just need to figure out if it's the battery or the charging system.

It's not exactly the best kept bike but it's great for commuting and the odd ride out.

Lots of great info on the site.

Cheers,

• Member Contributer

Welcome aboard! Hope you find the source of your starting trouble. With the number of threads on R/R, stator and electrical trouble shooting you shouldn't have to look long or hard. That being said, make sure you download the Honda Service Manual form the downloads section, very valuable if you're going to be doing any of your own service.

Cheers

Hi Richard,

Great choice, wonderful bike!!

Well most probably your battery died. Had the same issue with my Chief.

Honda explained that this is as designed. The electric system requires stable power from the battery and therefore, the battery will never become weak- it will die at once.

You may check whether this is the original battery that came with the bike. On my Chief it lasted for 8 year!!!!.

Try to charge it with and external charger. If it won't charge, then replace it with an original only. It is relatively expensive but this is what this bike likes. He likes original parts ☺.

Enjoy,

Sagiv

Archived