Best Piggyback Fuel Map Module For Stock? (Bazzaz, Powercommander, Rapidbike?)

sckego

Question

• Member Contributer

So I had my old '04 VFR sorted just so - nice and smooth, ample torque down low, no VTEC surge - with a gutted exhaust and '99 headers, running a PCIII with cozye's map. The '06 I picked up a few weeks ago has a bit more surging down low at at the transition then I'd like, and I want to try and remedy that as easily as possible, and if I pick up a bit more low-end power along the way, well, no complaints there! It seems there are several more options out there now then there were a few years ago, so I come to ask - which would you recommend? FYI I'm planning on leaving this one stock except for maybe the air filter, so I'm not looking for any big gains--rideability>power.

It looks as if the big three options out there now are (still) the Dynojet Powercommender III ($300?), or V with autotune ($530); the Bazzaz Z-Fi with the AFM module ($650), or the Rapidbike Evo ($555) or Racing ($755).

There's quite a large range of cost and capability there, and I'm not quite sure which one fits my needs the best. Advice and suggestions welcome!

2 answers to this question

Archived