How To Replace Coolant Hoses--The Ones Under The Carbs?

SAW

• Member Contributer

So my cool Samco hoses arrived from England, and I've gotten all of them only '93 VFR750F except for the 2 that are under the carbs. I've removed air box and base, vela stacks and base, but I still can't get at those hoses. Do the carbs have to come off?

• Member Contributer

I fear yes and that is one of the reasons for not jumping in on a set.

• Member Contributer

recently changed all my hoses on the 5th gen. had to pull out the throttle bodies to replace the hoses underneath. In the bargain also got the injectors and throttle body cleaned. Was worth the effort and time.

• Member Contributer

I lol buddy. You get to that point, ready excited, time set aside, then realize sh-t i gotta do what?!

Feel your pain, and sadly yes, they have to come off. that hose is a p.i.t.a.

Better now than on a ride when she's puking hot magma all over your inner thigh lol

• Member Contributer

It's really not that hard to take the carbs off,I have more trouble getting the tank on with the rubber cushions in place than popping the carbs on and off.

The trick is to have the bike between your legs, hold the tank like you are grabbing <censored> style, wiggle the rear slowly up and down while gently pushing forward.

Keep an eye on the "square" rubbers between lower rim and top of frame spare so that they donot come off.

Keep an eye on the "square" rubbers between lower rim and top of frame spare so that they donot come off.

Those are what I mean,one of the damn things fall off every time usually between the frame and carbs somewhere.

• Member Contributer

add a little glue, that is what I did

Or leave them off, fit the tank, keep the tank lifted (while it seats at the front) then fit the rubbers and slide them forward.

Do not drop the tank with you finger underneath :goofy:

Archived