Wettest Ride Of My Life

• Member Contributer

One of my first road trips a looooong time ago was on a Nighthawk riding from NM to NY. I was on the highway in a full on deluge of rain. there was no hope of even trying to stay dry, Ride it out and get to a rest stop. I walked into a vestibule and was literally pouring water out of each of my boots. A trucker looked over at me and said "lil wet fer a sicle" and laughed. For those in other parts of the world I will translate to proper English. "Why hello good fellow, it is a little too wet outside to be riding a motorcycle"

• Member Contributer

The most uncomfortable thing for me about riding in heavy rain is that the cars don't need to slow down as much as I do.

There is still a lot of grip in the rain specially with the PR3s but everything needs to be done much smoother on the bike. A lot of cars drive same as ever. Accelerating hard, braking hard and cutting across traffic.

• Member Contributer

The most uncomfortable thing for me about riding in heavy rain is that the cars don't need to slow down as much as I do.

There is still a lot of grip in the rain specially with the PR3s but everything needs to be done much smoother on the bike. A lot of cars drive same as ever. Accelerating hard, braking hard and cutting across traffic.

Agree on the grip you still have in the wet. My last track day was on a wet track and I was very surprised.

Archived