Alcantara Seat

craigewen

Hey guys, I have just picked up a VFR1200DCT and so far I'm loving the bike. The DCT took a little to get use to, probably more the fact that is basically an auto bike which I have to say a few mates have given me a bit of shit over. I'm looking in to getting the ECU reflashed to remove the restrictions in the lower gears as it can be quite annoying. Especially coming off a tuned Superduke and an R1. Off the great folk on these forums I have taken off the flap in the exhaust system to give the bike a bit of noise. I've looked at a few exhausts but the only one I like the look of is the DAM exhaust, but I'll look at that a little later. The main point of this post is to see about replacement seats and I love the look of this post-31391-14119094329514.jpg

But I can't for the life of me find where to buy one. I think it might be a genuine Honda Accessory but I can't seem to find anything in Australia. I am going to be in the US in November so even if I could get one from over there would be no problem.

Thanks for your time and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Craig

In addition to disengaging the exhaust flapper, someone mentioned they also removed the gold triangle valve cover to get better sound. I've literally just done it to mine now, but haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet. My trip to work will be my test for that. 5min job, quite simple. Hope it's better, as it has a slight 'rasp' sound to it with just the flapper disengaged.

Hey guys, I have just picked up a VFR1200DCT and so far I'm loving the bike. The DCT took a little to get use to, probably more the fact that is basically an auto bike which I have to say a few mates have given me a bit of shit over. I'm looking in to getting the ECU reflashed to remove the restrictions in the lower gears as it can be quite annoying. Especially coming off a tuned Superduke and an R1. Off the great folk on these forums I have taken off the flap in the exhaust system to give the bike a bit of noise. I've looked at a few exhausts but the only one I like the look of is the DAM exhaust, but I'll look at that a little later. The main point of this post is to see about replacement seats and I love the look of this attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1411909487.256782.jpg

But I can't for the life of me find where to buy one. I think it might be a genuine Honda Accessory but I can't seem to find anything in Australia. I am going to be in the US in November so even if I could get one from over there would be no problem.

Thanks for your time and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Craig

Think that was a special seat from Honda, and I don't think it is available any more. I made my own, brought the alcantara from Italy and recovered my seat.

Archived