Vfr1200 ...anyone Mount A Small Passenger Backrest?

suzukijo

I have looked and have yet to see one, but I am looking for a small backrest for a passenger.

Something similar that might be modified to fit would be nice,

for some reason, I cannot post a link here, not sure why.

But if you have a source for one, or have one mounted, that would be neat.

The other thing is I have my back shock spring almost maxed out now, riding solo. Am I the only one that thinks the shock is close to being too soft. I'm 200 lbs, 5'10".

Of course this is to try and get my wife to ride with me, so we can be together.

She likes her GS500, and seems interested in inheriting my old '08 VFR800.

She has been on the back a few times now, I know, and she knows, a small back rest would make 2 up so much better.

thx, joe

the Corbin seat can be ordered with a backrest...i think this is the only one i have seen

http://corbin.com/honda/hvfr10gl.shtml

i'm about 250 lbs and the the suspension was too soft for me.....i went with the Ohlins rear shock and front springs...big improvement

What Ishark said, the only seat with a backrest is a Corbin. I got one in a couple of months ago with the backrest, wanted the security for my daughter. Glad I went this root, love the seat and the backrest is adjustable and comes out easy. I'm 5'10" and found the sweet spot on the stock seat too far back so I had the Corbin moved an inch forward. It is pricey but I'm very happy with the purchase.

I see, Yes.

I did find the Corbin seat, with the lady backrest.

That seems to be the accepted way of getting the quickly removable backrest, and accomplishing the improved seat problem.

I don't seem to have the seat problem, the stock seat seems fine to me, maybe I have not ridden long enough in one day to find out.

And the box can have the pad added, that provides the backrest.

thx for replies,

I have the corbin seat bookmarked,

is there any special reason I cant cut and paste url in with my replies here?

I'll post up whatever I decide to install,

I serched for suitable backrest too and I found only Corbin too.

Anyway, my advise is: by the original topbox/rack; it includes the pad too. Its very easy to fit before riding with passenger and with passinger it makes no harm even driving 200-250kmh. When driving with a woman you allways need some stuff; water, toiletpaper, extra shirt etc...

I never use the topbox when I drive alone, but the rack is very usefull when I make long (2-3 weeks) journeys. I tie up my low profile drybag lenghtwise on it and I dont need any sideboxes.

Goes 230-250kmh like a train and dont have to be afraid of wobbling. Also the weightpoint stay low in the rear.

(sorry for my bad english; hope someone understand something of it)

Archived