Test Rider Video

Rats

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I agree with him, in his summary. The point about the VFR is that it is for more than just a blast round the block. If that is what you want from your motorcycle then a Speed Triple R, or his Ninja would be great - no shortage of options for that kind of riding.

But would you be bying something with a 21 litre fuel tank and designed to carry cases if you were just interested in going for a ride "around the block" ?. I suspect if you are interested in a VFR then it will be to put some luggage on it sometimes, and do some riding over a few days.

Second trip with luggage in a month: loading at Poole Harbour.

14293480600_41256bbcf4_c.jpgHonda VFR800 Poole ferry by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

I think it works great for shorter rides, in fact better in my opinion than the typical race replica sport bike, after all the VFR makes good power right away and you dont have to rev it up, makes it easier to ride, along with being more comfortable. Its hard to sit the key down and not keep riding in fact. But I do agree that it is great to ride for much longer periods of time, even after riding my old CBR for a few years I was sore when I got off of it after a good spirited ride for any amount of time, and I had it for 14 years.

Heck, aside from a bit more size, and a difference in weight that does not seem very big when on the VFR, it does everything better so far than the CBR. Once I get more mileage on it Ill be able to open it up more and see how it compares there.

SHvar - That is good to know.

I resented a bit his comment in the video that he was not old enough yet for a VFR, as if it is some sort of senior citizens' choice !

The bike is a hoot and I am really enjoying it.

• Member Contributer

SHvar - That is good to know.

I resented a bit his comment in the video that he was not old enough yet for a VFR, as if it is some sort of senior citizens' choice !

The bike is a hoot and I am really enjoying it.

Yeah I agree cheap shot !!!

• 1 year later...

Archived