When Did Bt021's Go Out Of Date?

Dennis The Menace

• Member Contributer

The 2003 6th gen I am buying currently has almost new BT021's on it. Last tires I ran on my Busa were Metzellers M3, which are also out of date now. Bike owner said the 021's are sensitive to tire pressures. Any opinions on the BT021's good bad or otherwise? I ran Bridgestones on the 4th gen I had and was always happy with them.

Thanks

• Member Contributer

If memory serves me correctly, the BT-021's were replaced by the BT-023's about 4 years ago. They are a solid tire all around but the BT-023's reportedly lasted a bit longer and were also better in the wet.

The 2003 6th gen I am buying currently has almost new BT021's on it. Last tires I ran on my Busa were Metzellers M3, which are also out of date now. Bike owner said the 021's are sensitive to tire pressures. Any opinions on the BT021's good bad or otherwise? I ran Bridgestones on the 4th gen I had and was always happy with them.

Thanks

The rear bt 21 is one of the funnest tires Ive ridden, better than road 2 and ppower rear. The front however Ive never ran but has a history of bad wear.

I used to run a ppower front and bt 21 rear, because of the quick action, but my pocket book took me back to the road 2 because of the exceptional life.

Archived