Where To Begin Looking For Electrical Issues?

30Bones

• Member Contributer

I ordered a similar cheap volt meter today off amazon.

Wiring is all looking good. Grounds and starter relay were a big plus. Stator and rectifier checked out. Going to ask an electrician neighbor to double check my work before going further. I need to source some high temp 12ga wire and I'll get that taken care of and button it all back up after I fire it up.

I went through the entire bike and sprayed contact cleaner and ox gard on everything I could see and the bike is basically a frame and a motor now.

67b629fc7761af54e401836c843f4915.jpg

Question. What is this plug for? I don't recall it being connected to anything.

f0589dea59b4ca2e11845b1b95ce6e17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like the original connection to the R/R

post-22267-0-68628100-1443043592.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well, geese, I was going to comment when you posted the picture with all of the plastics off of the bike... I'll give you credit. You sure don't do anything half way. Are you going to replace those with roller bearings?

Well, geese, I was going to comment when you posted the picture with all of the plastics off of the bike... I'll give you credit. You sure don't do anything half way. Are you going to replace those with roller bearings?

I get a case of the "you might as wells" when I do stuff like this. I usually wait until winter, but I need this out of the way to fit my car during the winter, plus I need to rush as this is detracting me from my other hobby which is homebrewing. My inventory is low :beer:

May attempt to attack the swing arm pivot before all this is done also.

I get a case of the "you might as wells" when I do stuff like this. I usually wait until winter, but I need this out of the way to fit my car during the winter, plus I need to rush as this is detracting me from my other hobby which is homebrewing. My inventory is low :beer:

May attempt to attack the swing arm pivot before all this is done also.

Step-Brothers-Did-We-Just-Become-Best-Fr

Got my head bearings and a new wiring harness from Jack at roadstercycle at lunch today. Installed by 2:00. Bikes a roller again, runs like a top and holds 14.3V at idle. I'll reassemble all the plastics and what not later today or tomorrow. Hope to ride it to work Monday.

One last shout out to Jack @ roadstercycle. I emailed home Monday morning without even knowing if anything was bad or not. Just as a heads and to get some troubleshooting tips. Super fast response and he even offered to diagnose it in person if he was close . I can't recommend him enough to those that need a replacement rectifier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived