Brake Levers

wera803

Question

My GF has a 2000 VFR with a VTR front end on it. I changed the brake master cylinder to an ST1100 to keep the 14mm size. She now wants some aftermarket levers, but I can't seem to find them for an ST1100 (plus I'm not sure if it is an ABS M/C or not and I've read they are different).

The left one in the pics is the ST, the right is a 5th gen. What does the 4th and 6th gen look like? Anyone know what other bikes use a lever like the left one?

uhydyjy9.jpg

eza2epen.jpg

6 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

CBR600F4 & 4i, VTR1000 Firestorm etc. that is a fairly standard Honda flat end lever, the VFR's were fitted with posh round end rods with cup levers as per the right pic.

• Member Contributer

Get the part number and search for it. You will know which other bikes they are used for.

thanks Anik

Part numBer is 53170-mat-006 if that helps.

They fit on cbr1100xx also.

thanks Anik

My problem was the ST1100 lever I have is black and not many other bikes use the black levers so the part number is different than the silver ones that most bikes use. I was thinking the lever is the same as the 3rd, 4th, and 6th gen VFR's, but just wasn't sure, hence the question. Thanks

• Member Contributer

You can get after market ones - folding , adjustable on eBay. I am currently using them and they work fine

thanks Anik

Archived