Polaroid Xs100

Texfoto

• Member Contributer

Been recording video on my Polaroid XS100 actioncam I received in Xmas.

It is £110 here in the UK.....significantly cheaper than a GoPro or Drift Ghost. I recorded the below video in 960hd. It is 1080HD capable but the files are huge! It also does 720hd at 60fps for some better slow motion work.

It comes with mounts such as straps for bicycle helmets, sticky mounts for helmets and a handlebar type mount. I added a suction up mount as well.

Waterproof to 10 meters, replaceable front lenses available, anti-shake which works fairly well and auto-rotation for when mounting at an angle. It takes 16mp pics. Video is activated with a slide mechanism similar to the Contour.

Overall I'm pleased with it. It is a very nice alternative to the GoPro if you don't want to drop the cash. GoPro is still nice with the remote and 1080hd @ 60fps and all but the price was just a bit too rich for my blood.

I edited it in iMovie '09. http://youtu.be/_VBpbTsvthA

Make sure your auto rotation works if that feature is important to you. Had to send mine back under warranty because it wouldn't rotate at 90 degrees or 270.

• Member Contributer

Mine sort of does. I have found it rotating when it didn't need to. I prefer just to set it at the angle I want and run with that.

I just realised the video is in 480. It was taken in 960HD. Not sure yet how this all works with Youtube and uploading capability.

• Member Contributer

Either youtube cut it off at 480, or iMovies did.

Looks good though. You sure that was in the UK? Sky was too blue. :goofy:

Archived