Fairing Id, Vf500

MtnBoy

I have owned my 1996 VFR since new, but I am not as familiar with the VF500. I recently purchased the 1985 VF500 which came with these fairings. Could anyone help me identify the origin of the fairings? I have not seen any others like them and the previous owner had no idea as he got them from the original owner. Cheers, Robert

post-29278-0-74159400-1394120335.jpg

post-29278-0-85953900-1394120345.jpg

Might be Lockhart-Phillips aftermarket lowers?

If they are in good shape, they may as well be made from gold. You won't find amy more out there I'm sure.

There were some Euro VF500s that came with lowers from Honda, I'll see about a pic. Yours are aftermarket though.

VF500FII

2.jpg

• Member Contributer

I had a Lockhart Phillips. That's probably a Targa.

• Member Contributer

I had a Lockhart Phillips. That's probably a Targa.

There you go, I knew there was another company that offered them, just forgot who.

There was a third and maybe a fourth. Telefix had one. I think Airtech might have had one too. The current offering that Airtech has is a direct copy of the old Lockhart-Phillips. I can't remember if they had full lowers or just oem style replacements back then.

Someone that had a Targa refresh my memory. Didn't they just come in a solid color? There had to be a reason that I bought the uglier shaped L-P over the Targa.

Thanks Guys. I sent pics to Targa and it is, in fact, one of their fairings. They no longer offer it, but still have the mounting hardware which I need. Cheers, Robert

• Member Contributer

My guess is Targa. I had a set on my VF700F, (1984) Throwing in a matching 2007 just for fun...

A

AAA

Archived