• Member Contributer

Just tried on a Kubuto Kamui today,very impressed but thought I'd look online for reviews as I hadn't heard of them before,looks well made,good venting,easy to operate the sun shield and vents,good safety ratings, looking for the best price now.

The only negative comment I have on this helmet is the noise level but with earplugs it is acceptable.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best solution to getting the best helmet for your money is to wait for helmet model clearance sales that many bigger MC accessory shops an websites hold every year. Through the years, I never paid full price for all my top line model helmets by doing so. I end up only spending about a quarter of their original retail values instead. Sometimes its a really great deal when the only change from the clearance helmet I bought and the new one to be coming out for the new season is just graphics. Like the less than 200 bucks I paid for a Bell Star 2 just a couple of years ago. which originally retailed for over 500 bucks......

Can recommend HJC RPHA 10 from MotorcycleGear.com for $265-USD and I see they have other RPHA models on close-out that are even less expensive.

Snell rated and super stable at speed and with the one-touch centre locking visor it is an improvement in lowering wind noise, mind you am comparing this to my 8 yr old Shark.

My last helmet was a GMAX, and I changed to an HJC IS-16 two years ago, and I commute from spring to fall on the motorcycles. The IS-16 is MUCH quieter than the GMAX, and ventilates way better. They both have about the same quality to them, the GMAX had a bad seal on the visor and let rain in even when closed. The seal on the the HJC is better, but not by much. Fogging was bad on both, I ended up getting a pinlock visor for the HJC and that solved the problem. The sun visor on the IS-16 is really nice, but flimsy and easy to break when removing for cleaning, but it's better than carrying around a darker visor for bright weather, or getting caught at night with your dark visor still installed.

I'd love to try a nice expensive helmet, but I can just never justify dropping a huge pile of cash on a helmet which I can't really decide is better or not until I put it through a month of riding.

Archived