Just Thought I'd Say Hello

Guest MadeInAmerica

Guest MadeInAmerica

Been stalking this forum for a while now but never officially introduced myself. Tonight I change that. Purchased my 1997 VFR a couple months ago for $2900 (also a jacket, gloves and helmet came with)from the 2nd owner who was a MSF instructor in my area, Gaithersburg, MD. She has 30,440 on the clock and growls like panther (no not the instructor the bike). 2nd owner only put about 3,000 miles on her in the 5 years he had it. He and his wife mostly rode their cruisers so he figured he should sell so that someone else (me) could enjoy. The first owner had done a couple mods that really were subtle nice touches. As follows:

Corbin Seat, Heli Bars, Black side panels painted red and matched extremely well (actually the selling point for me since I had never seen it done), Micron exhaust high mounted (I just removed and put stock back on and attached a Givi Wingrack2 for some side cases and a top box), brand new Pilot 3's front and back.

Mods I'm planning: Buell 1" lowered foot pegs ($36 and in the mail), hard luggage cases (still shopping), MRA Vario adjustable touring screen (in the mail and on the way - purchased from the classifieds here).

This is my first "street" bike and I'm loving it. I've mostly ridin dirt and enduro's so this was a step in a different direction and wish I had done so a while ago. I'm starting to wet my feet in touring, so I've been working getting her setup for comfort. So far my only real complaint has been the lack of wind protection at highway speeds for extended periods of time. I'm hoping the MRA touring screen will help this. Other than that, gonna grab some cases and start planning my first real touring trip! Looking forward to continuing my time with the Viff and the great community here!

post-27583-0-11374100-1375925002.jpg

• Member Contributer

Congrats and welcome aboard! The air ducts in the mid fairings have obviously been painted from their original black color so keep in mind that the bags may match so well becuase the whole bike may have been repainted. With all the extras you got I'd say you got a good deal. Keep an eye on the R/R and wiring harness which are prone to failure.

Rollin

Archived