2010 Vfr1200F Engine Heat Guard

Guest msagini

Guest msagini

Hi all. I'm desparately looking for new engine heat guard (not sure that's the name). They cover the crankcase on both the left protecting the gear lever and water hose, and also on the right side. They make the bike look really tidy. I've posted pics of what I've seen on the net.

Anyone with any ideas as where I can buy them?

post-27985-0-71981200-1374821753.jpg

post-27985-0-49918100-1374821869.jpg

post-27985-0-76894000-1374821879.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hello msagini,

Welcome here on VFRD.

have a look on www.cmsnl.com

If the part is original Honda, these guys will be able to help you.

Shipping to Kenya will not be cheap.....

Looking forward to your post in the Welcome section with pictures ;-)

We have a few but not too many African members

Those covers are DCT covers that somebody put on a manual F bike (second pic above). You can look the part numbers up in any of the OEM parts microfiche sites on line.

I have the R&G engine case covers. I originally purchased them to cover the scrapes from a right side low speed / no speed drop when I first purchased the bike. Dumb mistake...dredging up the memory of it is still painful, lol!

The covers look good, and are functional, to boot. I do recommend.

Only thing I can think of is that when they were designing the bike and they removed the shift lever and linkage on the DCT, there was a giant black-hole between the frame and the engine. They used a cheapo chunk of plastic to stylize the empty space. That "guard" doesn't even get hot.

I assume to fit it to a standard shift you'd need some of the associated hardware and perhaps a bit of fab work...would be curious to hear how difficult it was/see the results if anyone on here decides to give it a go.

Archived