Givi B33 Led Kit ?

AnikMankar

• Member Contributer

Hi guys

So recently got my B33 top case. It is really the perfect size for the daily commute.

Now, like to fit some LED brake/signal. Has anyone already done this on a B33. The reason is, when i open the lens, the gap between the case and the lens is too small. the flat LED's fit but this elevates the lens piece due to which the holes don't align

any thoughts on this

00. GIVI B33   right side

01. GIVI B33   without lens

02. GIVI B33   LED strip

• Member Contributer

So here is what i ended up doing.

- made droves about .5 mm deep to slot in the LED's. Used a dermel grinder. Not a good finish as that grinded kept on jumping. but at the end the job got done

20130728 135521

20130728 135532

Punched 3 holes in the inlet givi had provided. this way the LED strips wont be seen. the RED side is ok but the other is white.

20130728 135540

20130728 135909

The while lens provides the signal and the red provides the brake light. No running lights at this point.

20130728 135916

Orders connectors - one they come will complete the job

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
Phase 2 was to get all the wiring completed.
6 pin connector from ebay I could have used 4 pin. but used 6 pin as it would be easy. 1,2 - left signal, 3,4 - right, 4,5 - Brake (preferred) or parking

01. 6 Pin connectors

marking the case ... have to be very careful on the hole ... this is too expensive to screw up and you get only one chance.

03. Male Connector Top case side

02. outling The male connector hole

04. Male Connector   2

04. Male connector  1

05. Male Connector   inside The Box

06. Wiring inside The Box

07. wiring inside   Top side

08. wiring inside   Bot side

Next Phase - connecting this to the bike

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

thanks for the how to. just shopping for top case options and want to do the lighting mods too. was wondering what sort of connectors folks use. I really like the clean install of the plug you chose. Can you just drop it right on there, or do you actually have to plug it in?

Not that big a deal on trunk, but I am asking because I have power run to my tank bag and it is a pain to disconnect for fuel ups. (I was too cheap to buy the electrified SW motech tank ring) Looking for ideas for the tank bag and for quick connects for the side cases too

• Member Contributer

thanks for the how to. just shopping for top case options and want to do the lighting mods too. was wondering what sort of connectors folks use. I really like the clean install of the plug you chose. Can you just drop it right on there, or do you actually have to plug it in?

Not that big a deal on trunk, but I am asking because I have power run to my tank bag and it is a pain to disconnect for fuel ups. (I was too cheap to buy the electrified SW motech tank ring) Looking for ideas for the tank bag and for quick connects for the side cases too

the connector on the case is fixed and the one at the bike end is loose with a slight long wire. So before i drop the case on the base - i connect it. the connectors are firm so i have to just push them in and give the lock one twist.

these are with 6 pins i could have done it using 4 pins - but this will allow me to upgrade later - if i wish to add hazard lights etc.

Archived