Vibration On Vfr 1200 Cc. 2012 Model

Rasher

Hi, has anyone had any problems with vibration on a VFR 1200 cc. I was riding my Honda VFR 1200. When i decided to twist the right hand and see what it could do, when I reach 150 mph the vibration got so bad that I had to slow down and stop. I checked if anything had come lose, everything like ok.

I went to my local Honda motorcycle dealer, I told them what had happened, his reply was, it is the characteristic of that bike, they all do it and there is nothing I can do about it, you will just have to live with it, I said I do not believe you, no way would Honda let this happen without doing something about it.

I got in touch with Honda UK they had told me to take it to my local Honda dealer, so I am taking it next week. No not the same one.

Regards Rasher

• Member Contributer

No vibrations here... Any yes it was at 150mph...+++ But mine is a 2010 and it's the standard model, not the DCT. So the first Dealer that you stopped at is full of shit :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, well i took my Honda VFR 1200 cc to another dealer, and they told me the same as the first dealer which was there is nothing wrong with the bike,it is the characteristic of that bike they are all like it. So i told him to stick your opinion where the sun don't shine. So now i have still got to take it up with Honda UK again.

150MPH on your VFR, on the streets??...What are you,....... an English bike magazine bike journo hooligan or something?? :rolleyes:

I reckon, next thing you'd be posting up a thread describing your trip on your 1200 from Land's End to John o' Groats in one day!.... :rolleyes::biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I had that happen on my 95 when a wheel weight came off the front. Other than that can't help you, I have never gone close to the fast yet!

If we consider the outside wheel diameter as 22" then at 150 mph you end up with 39 rotations per second. If your vibration is in the 39 Hz range it's a wheel out of balance.

Brian

Yes, I would agree a wheel weight is the most likely culprit..although it could have something to do with those brilliant honda engineers who decided to shrink the engine bank by 14 degrees, eliminating the sweet balance the 90 deg, V 4 gives, not to mention sound.

Hi everyone, i like your opinion but i have sorted the problem out once and for all, i have sold the Goddamn thing. Honda UK just did not want to know anything about it. So i have just got a new bike Honda CBR 600f. Best Regards Rasher.

Archived