Oem Hardbag Repair - String And Scratches

jwd0310

So I found a good sneaky parking spot at Target....and drug my hard cases across that rough brick on the building. Gouges so deep I pulled plastic shavings off the wall. I'm hoping I can take the lid off the bag, remove the reflector and paint it. Sand it down, bondo over the gouges and paint it back to OEM color. My problem is the decal. It's a thick rubber thing, and I don't know if I should try to mask it off or replace it. Anybody have any experience with this?

I've also broken 3/4 of the strings that hold the lid from opening all the way, any idea where I can replace those? The OEM setup is neat, I'd like to get something similar if possible.

Yeah, the more I read that the dumber it sounds. The factory stuff has this neat loop woven into the end of the string. It's already the exact length and looks very clean, I can't reproduce it. I have my bags tied up with string now, but it just isn't the same.

• Member Contributer

On my '95 I broke my Givi holders and used small hardware chain. Yes the hillbilly is never far below the surface... :goofy: I wanted to use plastic coated wire cable, but was too lazy to to the loop attachment

• 2 weeks later...

Archived