Front End Wobble

• Member Contributer

RaceTech, Traxxion Dynamics.....others folks here may have used. Speaking only of ones I have sourced from.

Well, the wheel was slightly out of balance. I got that sorted, problem persists.

A guy I know who makes his living building bikes said he'd bet it the givi wingrack I put on it. Bolting it to the rear could've changed something. Sounds off to me, but I'm going to try it, just to mark it off the list.

I'm going to order the RaceTech springs. I don't really have the cash to spend on a valve kit though. I was just planning on changing the springs and oil. Should I wait and get the valves too or can I let it slide for now?

Thanks again!

• Member Contributer

Strap the front end down and ride it, that will at least eliminate the front springs or confirm it ... The thing about front springs are they would get worst with speed and rougher roads so the fact thats its occurring at one speed points to the stem bearing.

Had a brand new Battlax that had *issues*-- got it dismounted and remounted 3 times - still would shudder at most speeds.

I think the tire was defective.

Mounted a new Michelin PP2.

Perfect.

GL,

Jeff

Archived