Gutted/no Exhaust Tune? 6Th Gen

Guest apossibly89

Guest apossibly89

I've checked out the sound clips, and I liked what I heard! Temporarily took my stock pipes off my '02 vfr800, and I'm in love the sound. Until I let off the throttle to decel... lots of popping unfortunately. So if I leave my stock pipes off or decide to gut them, I'm thinking I would need to tune my bike to correct the issue. Am I right? Does anybody have a tune for a stock VFR with a gutted exhaust or no exhaust? I looked in previous topics but couldn't find anything. Thanks for the help!

I completely gutted the stock cans on my 2007 - no popping on deceleration. I would think that without any cans on the bike, you would have only the catalytic converter and the short sections of pipe, and that would encourage the popping on deceleration. I could be wrong, but I would think that straight pipes from the cat for a similar length as the stock system would exhibit little or no popping. :unsure:

Idk, sounds reasonable that the pipe length would make a difference. Maybe the oxygen in the catalytic converter is causing the popping from the heat and unburnt fuels

Ditto on the gutted stock cans for the 2007. Did mine 20,000 miles ago, been lovin it ever since, great the V4 makes! Did not have to retune, gutting the cans probably added a few hp but also dropped the mpg slightly.

Yes, I did disconnect the pair valve. Right now using no exhaust.

Also, I can't find a power commander map for gutted or removed pipes, which is why I was asking for your help :) would I need my bike tuned to get that map?

I think the gutted would be roughly equivalent to an aftermarket set of cans, but I can't confirm that. I don't think anyone has made a map for removing the pipe completely.

I've had mine gutted, and no PC or any other kind of fuel adjuster. I have no issues with popping, that I can recall... maybe when I rev match to downshift, but my Katana did the same thing.

Archived