Motorcycle Cover

vulgar1

I am in the market for a cheaper bike cover for using to commute. I would love a geza cover but I can't swallow the price and the wife will freak if/when she finds out how much it will be. So the question is what shoudl I get? I am looking into the Nelson Riggs UV-2000 half cover. I don't suspect I need a full cover for daily use but I am not against it. I want to use the cover for daily use and for touring so space becomes an issue. It must pack small enough to take with me or it is no good. Any ideas? Will the hlaf cover work fine or shoud I go for the full cover instead?

• Member Contributer

I've used a Nelson Rigg UV 2000 half cover for my '97 at work for almost 5 years now and it's held up great. The UV here is bad (Elev. at work is 6000 ft) so I think it's well worth it. My seat and dash look like new. I roll it up and store it in a zippered case about the size of a collapsed umbrella-fits in a small tank or tail bag no problem. I had to put some 550 cord extenders on the side loops because they weren't long enough to reach the pegs. Get the medium-it fits perfect.

• 1 month later...

I have bought my bike cover from Amazon. That is full size cover fits most touring models and convenient storage bag included constructed of heavy-duty polyester with special color-lock fabric treatment to prevent fading and exclusive ClimaShield plus fabric protection built in interior liner protects windshield.

• 11 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Hey... that's my cover! I was the product development dept. at N/R way back when. The 1/2 cover was one of my ideas that worked! :fing02:

Thanks for the good reviews. :biggrin:

Ded

• Member Contributer

That be it! The Large actually fits the VFR better. Covers the rear fender and further down on the bike than the Medium.

Ded

Archived