Pilot Road 3's On 6Th Gen.

Guest DannyMoto

Guest DannyMoto

Just got them installed yesterday, and was able to put about 60 miles on them in the nice 48 degree weather haha.

The bike had ContiMotions on it, which the rear had a plug and the front wasn't balanced... I was getting head-shake from about 80mph plus, and the bars would nearly tank-slap if I removed my hands from the bars... I did tighten up the rear suspension a bit and dial out a little pre-load on the front which helped... but with the new MPR3's installed, it's all but dissappeared.

First thing I can say... they're still slick. If I try to 'clutch-up' a little wheelie, the rear breaks loose, even now with 60 miles on it.. however, there is a lot of salt/calcium coat still on the roads, and the tires really can't get up to much temperature in this weather... so I'm sure that will heal itself once it warms up and we get some spring rain.

I love them so far. They are extremely neutral, turn in is predictable, and the ride is very comfortable. No discernable difference to the ContiMotions, other than feeling a bit more secure to the road... the Motions felt as though you were gliding over the road... PR3's feel like you're stuck TO the road.

Still have about 1-1.25 inches of Chicken Strip on the back, but once the weather clears up, that will be long gone.

So far I like them better than the MPR2's I had on my Tiger. Those tires were great, good tread, good response, but for long highway jaunts (as I mainly commute on the bike) it did flaten-out within 4000 miles. Still, not that bad on a 500lb+ bike. Hopefully with a lighter bike and newer dual-compund technology, the PR3's will stick it out to at least 8000 miles.

I've seen reviews of Concourses with PR3's that last about that... here's to hoping!

• Member Contributer

I've got 6k on my PR3's so far, still in great shape and that's on the fat 1200.

Heading cross country Friday, still lots of life left in them. Hopefully will burn them out this week. :cheerleader:

When warm, they'll lift the front. Believe me. :wheel:

• Member Contributer

I think I have close to 8.5K on PR3s. The centers are about gone due to my commute, but overall still have a rounded profile. I think I'll be buying another set.

• Member Contributer

12,500kms on mine, and they are squared off, but still have sipes and all the wet weather stuff. New ones are awaiting installation.

Archived