Clock Settings

Bartho

Yeah, I'm always a bit annoyed when clocks don't have a 24 hour setting.

Not really that big of a deal, but I've had a couple disoriented moments when I wake up at a weird time, and it takes a bit to work out where I am, and what time it is, even while staring straight at a clock. :wacko:

I can understand 24hr setting for an indoor clock, but one would hope, while operating a motorcycle, the rider would have enough other clues to tell him whether it is AM or PM. :happy:

I guess also, if you are military and got used to 24hr system...

Depending on circumstances, one can wake up quite disoriented. Especially if dawn/dusk end up being approximately the same time AM/PM, I've been known to go warp speed to get kitted up and going.

I'd rather be ready to go, and find out I have a lot of time to go back inside and sleep, than the other way around.

Only times I've fallen asleep on the bike is when I'm using it as the old "Iron Butt Motel"! Which I'm semi-notorious for... it is the real reason I like center stands. :goofy:

• 3 months later...

I have been unable to set the clock on my '10 VFR. Holding down both buttons with key on has no effect. I also notice that the clock resets to 0100 after I switch off the ignition and turn it back on again. The a and b trip odometers also rest to Zero after ignition on/off cycle.

Can anyone suggest whats wrong and how I can fix it?

Many thanks.

Archived