3Rd Gen Fairings Wanted - Any Condition

Guest smittypig24

Guest smittypig24

I consider myself pretty handy when it comes to fixing fairings. I need some for my newly acquired 1991 VFR. Please let me know if you have any laying around that you no longer need...even if they have road rash, cracks, or pieces broken off them. My tail is pretty good, but the rest is pretty bad.

I'm in Northern Virginia but will pay shipping from anywhere (even Hawaii)...these fairings are near impossible to find.

Thanks!

I got my 3rd gen for $1750 --also non-running-- the plugs were incredibly carbonned up. Put new ones in and I have run probably

15-20 tankfulls through it- not even a hiccup. I think the PO might have been running it with the choke on all the time?

Sorry, can't help with fairing bits.

GL

Jeff

• Member Contributer

Both sides or just one particular side? Also realize that there are a few aftermarket options available although they won't be cheap.

Rollin

I believe my left side is salvageable, but the right side is non existent. The lower front piece is about 75% complete so I'll need to find that one too. It's going to be a long 3 months of searching ebay/craigslist!!

• Member Contributer

I may have a few extra right side body pieces from my old 1993 parts bike but I won't know for sure until I look through the huge mess up in my attic. I know for sure that I have a left upper cowl, a right lower cowl, and both lower metal covers (all are usable but need paint and/or minor repair) I used to have an extra right mid panel and right upper cowl but can't remember if I sold them a few years back or not. It will take me a few days but I'll post back once I get a chance to sort through everything. Can you post a picture of the right side of your bike? My brother lives in Norfolk so if he is able to come for Christmas I might be able to send the parts back with him. How far are you from Norfolk?

Rollin

I have the center V-shaped piece. It's missing a few inches off the top of one side, but I can't remember which one. If you have a partial with the missing side intact, you might be in good shape. I'll post again when I check it out.

Archived