6Th Gen: Secondary Master Cylinder (Front Left Caliper)

Audigier

Hello guys, some of you may have read my post about bleeding the brakes.

i started a new thread because i want to isolate this, i had to bleed my system for a fourth time, i am pretty sure there is something wrong with the secondary master cylinder allowing air to go into the line.

(i have edited this post to add the following:)

(front brakes work ok, pedal to rear caliper works ok, pedal to front caliper center piston works ok...

my problem is between the secondary master cylinder and the rear caliper center piston.

when i mention i am bleeding the secondary master i mean, i am bleeding from the proportional valve (battery side) since i keep getting air from here, i see no point bleeding to the rear caliper center valve, the problem is between secondary master and proportional valve and since operating the secondary master causes the failure i say it is the culprit.)

1 - When i use my vacuum pump to bleed, fluid will come out from the system the level on the reseirvour wont drop, i can keep bleeding untill i start getting bubbles and then just air, i did this a lot of times.

2 - there is a funny noise coming out of the secondary master cylinder when i use the rear brake pedal.

3 - secondary master cylinder looks a bit leaky, cant see any fluid dripping but it was a little bit wet,... Could it be just letting air in and almost no fluid out??

4 - when the system is "selaed" (all bleeding valves closed) and on the road, if go by just by using the rear brakes, i may go all day long... if i use the front brakes only for a few times,,, the next time i use the rear brakes the pedal will be soft and go to the bottom, i can pump it a bit and get it to presurize again, but after using the fronts again (mixed or just front) pedal will get soft and every time i pump it will get a bit harder but eventually wont get to presurize

5 - if i prevent the secondary master cylinder from moving with a hose clamp (this was already on the bike when i got it) i can use both brakes with no problems.

So before purchasing any parts.. What would you recommend??

Im looking at this diagram but i am not sure...

http://www.powerspor...IPER/parts.html

do i need to buy part numer 20 and it will incude part 21? or both.

has anyone ever had this kind of problem??

Would it be cheaper and easy, to buy this part off a member who has de-linked his brakes?? or i should just get the oem set

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are the right track with your diagnosis. Wow, that is a confusing diagram. I looked at a different version http://www.lexingtonmotorsports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2526496&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2008&fveh=132310 here and it is a bit more clear. I would go with ordering just 20 based on the link I found.

Hey, do you hang out at goldwingfacts.com? I think I have seen you over there.

Archived