Thurn Motorsports 7th Gen tail lights

wattsbrian

Question

Hi All. New member question here. I wanna change the stock tail lights and brake lights to a Thurn LED setup but cant make heads or tails of the equipment needed cuase its all in german. I have a 7th gen VFR1200DCT. Does/has anyone done this mod with there bike and what parts do i need from them. I will have a shop do the mod, I just need to know what parts. It has to be red brake lights that dont flash and yellow only turn signals. Those are United Kingdom M.O.T. standards. No smoke tint would be preferred.

Thanks Much

5 answers to this question

Thurn are very good at answering questions in English and the site has dual language function. Every time i have used them, they have been very good. the site usually has the english flag in the top right of the page and in the description has the english.

Fitted my 6th Gen with smoked indicator lenses and smoked rear lights. Contacted them told them what i wanted and they send me everything i needed to complete the job.

• Member Contributer

+1 on above.

I got one for my 5th gen, but I already had a modified signal relay to retain the stock flash rate. That should be all you need, and they can provide that, I believe.

But they do answer questions in English!

I have them installed. But I didn't buy them from Thurn. They are E approved (a certificate is provided).

Took me some 45 minutes to install them. Quit easy, but they didn't put on the correct plugs for the bulb sockets on the bike (as far as I remember they placed a BAU15, but it should have been a BAU15s) I had to file one pin way.

Without this problem, It could have been done in 15/20 minutes. Take the old unit out and connect the plugs from the new unit to the bulb sockets on your bike (1 is not connected afterwards - you need to find a place for this - I used a simple insulation tape to fit it..

Note1: no special tools needed (some insulation tape (3M for example) is enough). The tools provided by Honda under your seat is enough to do the job.

Note 2: I love my smoked LED lights

Note 3: resistor is builded in (avoids too fast flashing if LED lights are installed) (so NO extra costs for extra parts)

Archived