Temp, voltmeter, clock??? What is everyone using for aftermarket gauges

So, I'm looking for a temp gauge and a clock for my 3rd gen and I stumbled on this

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=14124&Category_Code=Electronics

It looks great for the price and has all I want and need. Plus, it would fit perfectly in the area where the digital clock goes (my bike hasn't had one since I got the bike). Some reviews of the above item aren't great though.

Anyone else using something different? Thanks.

So, I'm looking for a temp gauge and a clock for my 3rd gen and I stumbled on this

http://www.casportto...ode=Electronics

It looks great for the price and has all I want and need. Plus, it would fit perfectly in the area where the digital clock goes (my bike hasn't had one since I got the bike). Some reviews of the above item aren't great though.

Anyone else using something different? Thanks.

That could work out OK, but I'm not so sure that it's water resistant or waterproof as some of those are just re-purposed for motorcycles from car accessory makers. If it's not waterproof, all it would take is one dousing of rain on it and it will be trashed. I have something similar made by Moto-Fizz on my bike that monitors temperature and voltage, but no clock, as my 4th gen has one already.. Also originally for cars......so it never sees the rain anyway as I'm mostly a fair weather rider.

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Temp gauge as in oil temp or ambient temp? If ambient then my simple solution for that is a GPS with a temp sensor. Covers everything you are looking for plus the obvious bonus features.

But for that price you could definitely make that work.

Archived