VF mixing it up with some of it's contemporaries

greatwhite

Just ran across it. Might be a repost, just don't know.

An old VF750F mixing it up with some GSXR's and FZ750's of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rggXwjeN7hA&feature=player_embedded

Outclassed, out horspowered and outmatched, the rider makes a valiant attemp of it and the VF shows it still has some bite left in it.

He gets anihilated on the straights but late brakes like a madman and grabs his postion back almost every time.

I especially like on one straight where he reaches back a pretends to whip the bike like a horse looking for more speed on the straights!

Keep tilting at that windmill old man!

Too bad we done get to see how the race finishes....

I wouldn't say always the wimpiest, in fact, Honda led the charge quite often but seemed to take longer to jump back ahead once the competition stepped up.

'69 CB-750 got outgunned by the KZ-900

CB-900F & CB-1100F held their own until the GS-1150 hit the streets & 1/4 mile strips. KZ-1000 still run strong even today.

V65 was king for 2 years until the mightly VMax claimed that thrown.

'83 V45 Interceptor gets out powered first by the GPz-750, then the GPz-750 turbo, and then the GS-750 proved to be more adept at accepting performance tweaks.

'87 Hurricane 600 gets out powered by the revamped Ninja-600 (but no chassis to match it) and then Yamaha unleashed the race track designed FZR-600 in '89.

'86 VFR-750 sets the stock HP mark, but the GSXR-750 easily trumps it once modded for the street and track and Yamaha's techno-wizzard 5-valve head 750s show some serious stout HP numbers.

'87 Hurricane 1000 was a virtual match for the Ninja-1000 until the ZX-10 hit in '88.

'91 F2 CBR-600 was the overall middleweight champ, the ZX-6 and later ZX-6e proved to have a few more ponies stock vs stock.

CBR-900RR never was the HP king, but sure made light weight and stellar chassis go a long way vs. the GSXR-1100 & Yamaha 1000 of the '90s. ZX-11 was in it's own class for sure.

Offhand, I'd have to say that Kawasaki always seemed to be the HP champ, but I've been partial to Honda and loved my GSXRs as well, have owned a few Yamahas too, but still seem to stay most loyal to Honda.

Archived