wiring harness cross reference

texasvfr

• Member Contributer

Is there any such thing as a wiring harness reference chart? i.e. Will an 02-03 6 gen wiring harness fit on a 2000 5 gen bike? In other words , just because the parts numbers might not match up do any of the wiring harnesses plug and play on different bikes? Anyone know? Thanks.

You will not get a VTEC wiring harness to work on a non-VTEC 800.

The amount of alteration and rewiring would be monumental.

If you have a 2000, you need a harness for a 2000 or 2001.

The 1998 and 1999 harnesses are different, and could be persuaded to work, but there are key differences, namely the O2 sensors and possibly the ECU pinout. To use the earlier 5th gen harness on the later 5th gen you might need to swap out the ECU. Also the R/R will be different, no monitor wire on the earlier bikes.

There may be more I'm not aware of. 2000/2001 is your best bet.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the reply! That is what I needed to know-ebay has a in the package 02 wiring harness for? 68 usd. Nearest dealer to me wants 495 usd. for a 2000 5 gen harness.

Thanks for the reply! That is what I needed to know-ebay has a in the package 02 wiring harness for? 68 usd. Nearest dealer to me wants 495 usd. for a 2000 5 gen harness.

Ron Ayers shows:

WIRE HARNESS

$266.73

Check in our Bargin Finders forum for Mason City, Honda and he'll beat that price!

BR

ps that might not be your exact part number so check that first.

• Member Contributer

Thanks BR. I did like seeing a new oem harness for $68. Too bad it will not work.

• Member Contributer

Ah, there appears to be quite a variation in the pricing of wiring harnesses on eBay...Not two weeks ago I paid just $39.98 (shipped) for a complete Y2k harness! Keep shopping.

Just curious, but why do you need a complete wiring harness? Unfortunately, that is one of the OEM parts that you are unlikely to be able to swap for one from a different model.

Ciao,

Archived