2008 exhaust options

mwebb66

• Member Contributer

Hi all, i just joined today, glad to be here. I have recently purchased a 2008 Interceptor. I had a brand new 2001 which was sold in 2005 regretfully, but I am BACK. I have owned and do own other bikes, but the Honda is hands down the best all around bike to own, fun and fast, comfortable, superior in most respects to many of the other offerings out there. Compared to the 2001, I feel the 2008 has quite a bit of refinement and overall feel is superior, especially on my wrists and they seem to have solved the buzz to the hands (thank god!).

Okay, this post is for my best choice to upgrade the exhaust system. Goal - increase HP and MPG, yet I would like to have this installed so that it still appears stock ( not interested in fender eliminator/etc). I really like the look of the stock setup and its nice and safe/tucked away for the wife so she won't burn her legs (that happened once! 1986 yamaha radian)

ALSO, i want the exhaust note to be deep, growling, throaty etc. Not interested in any high pitch sound or annoying sounding exhaust. Keeping costs reasonable is always good of course. Thanks to all who read/respond, Matt

post-25672-0-71518100-1344294938.jpg

Hey Matt welcome to VFRD and back to a VFR!!! :smile:

There's going to be 50 other VFR's in Montrose, CO this month for the SumSum2 meet, you'll find it on the Home Page.

On slip-on exhaust Staintune is best, Remus also good, but there's many others out there two. I think there's a set of Staintunes for sale now in our classifieds.

BR

• Member Contributer

Matt, welcome, back in a way?

Ive got the Remus on mine & quite happy with the sound.

The Staintunes is also sweet. As Baileyrock mentioned, next week u could swing by Montrose and check out more than a few options in person.

Having been through a few mods, Ive found very little in the way of HP and mileage gains.

A very nice, cheap mod is simply gutting the stock pipes.

If i had it to do all over again, I'd gut the stock & install the Motad catless headers. Saves over 10 lbs, looks stock & sounds great.

You will find plenty of resources here and coming to the SumSumx2 would really enlighten u on who u are dealing with. Nothing but great peeps!

Installed the Leo Vince Evo II a few months ago. Love the sound! I had wanted the Staintune, but didn't want to spend that much (2 teenage daughters). I'm not sorry for my decision in the least.

Archived