HELP!! Should I trade in my bike at the stealership?!

Guest Clocktimer

• Member Contributer

Does the 1125R come with a safety lanyard to contain the huge bulbuous side pods when they blow off at high speeds? :tongue:

Eric buell didn't assemble the bike at your shop.. nore did he do safety checks on your bike after you bought it..You DO check your vfr right? Every bike has had some glitchs.. just ask every vfr owner about a R/R problem... bbuells had wimpy mufler clamps (OMG!!!!!!)Its a BUELL aka a HARLEY what do you expect???? If you want the most awesome flawless V twin in the world.. you get a RC51Don't even THINK about a ducati...The dude likes what he likes. :)

Kind of touchy about a POS bike aren't you?

My Ducati 848 has 41,000 miles without issues.

So maybe your theory on Ducati's might be a little flawed.

I have more problems with Honda than I do with Ducati.

• Member Contributer

Eric buell didn't assemble the bike at your shop.. nore did he do safety checks on your bike after you bought it..You DO check your vfr right? Every bike has had some glitchs.. just ask every vfr owner about a R/R problem... bbuells had wimpy mufler clamps (OMG!!!!!!)Its a BUELL aka a HARLEY what do you expect???? If you want the most awesome flawless V twin in the world.. you get a RC51Don't even THINK about a ducati...The dude likes what he likes. :)

Kind of touchy about a POS bike aren't you?

My Ducati 848 has 41,000 miles without issues.

So maybe your theory on Ducati's might be a little flawed.

I have more problems with Honda than I do with Ducati.

then your lucky.

i worked as the head tech in a shop that did honda, harley, bmy, ducati, and aprila. ..

our in house duc nut was from fast by ferracci.. .. seriously knows his stuff inside and out.. and i swear to god.. those bikes broke down more often that any brand i have seen except maybe jawa :unsure:

as for the buells/ HDs.. you have to love em or hate em, never any " Eh, kinda " about them :tongue:

Does the 1125R come with a safety lanyard to contain the huge bulbuous side pods when they blow off at high speeds? :tongue:

lol!

i love my pods! they do great in low sides (designed as such) and push rain around my legs quite nicely. they are definitely an unconventional look.

• Member Contributer

yeah, definately unconventional. I think it was Daytona 08 or 09 when Danny Eslick (iirc) lost his at about a buck 50.

I really like the front brakes and the lighter wheel that it allows when the braking forces are kept out at the rim instead of transferred to the hub.

I like Buells, I like VFRs, I like Jawas, I like 'em all!

Take that $2500 you were going to spend on the Buell and throw it into fixing what you have. You'll have lots of NEW parts that are just what YOU want. Get the suspension dialed in for YOU. Even if you pay a shop to do the work, you'll probably be out less $$$ and you'll have a bike that's been all fixed up the way YOU want it.

That being said, I agree that you need to chase your dreams otherwise they never come true. Buells are hooligan wheelie machines! Tons of fun to ride and gobs of torque. Some are trouble free. Sadly, some are pure lemons. IMO, some of the worst were the 2nd generation Lightnings.

Did you go to Bad Weather Bikers and ask this question there? Might be interesting to see what they say.

Did you go to Bad Weather Bikers and ask this question there? Might be interesting to see what they say.

I don't hang out there... I didn't know about it, but will check it out.

I don't know what I don't know. I still think I am missing out not having a newer bike, however I made a mistake thinking that my old VF was a throw away bike. Something I would put as many miles on as I could then dump. I just changed the oil this weekend because I had the opportunity to take my first long distance bike trip. I rode 900+ miles to Nashville and back. Except for my butt and my back brake the trip was bliss. I learned a lot and I learned I love my bike. I am sure my back brake would not have failed as it did had I changed the pads a while ago when I knew I needed to change the pads. Now I need a new disk and possibly a new caliper. Yeah... I did that.

I think I will look into a better seat as well. If I can not find one I will make one.

If I do end up getting another bike some day it will be in addition to this one.

I love the Buells. I can not help myself. I think the mix of old and new brought together with function at the for front is art. Nothing is perfect. In the mean time, how can I make my VF sound meaner?

Rear Calipers are available used, Parts to rebuild I believe are still available thru Honda.

The rear rotor is avialable used & new.

Go to a couple bike shops in your area, & ask them who they would recommend for redoing seats

There are some Chinese Motorcycles available that I would say are throw away! But a Honda?

Archived